2007年9月26日水曜日

we just took our test!

Konnichiwa!

So what did you guys think of our test? I thought it was decent, though very loooooong. I was so nervous when I was writing the situation answers. "Conversation with more than 4 sentences." I put so many ___ desu ne? Aa soo desu ka, Soo desu yo! etc etc. Confirmation Confirmation CONFIRMATION. It's taken me forever to actually learn when to use yo, ne, and yone. I'm pretty sure I understand now after asking Satoo Sensee about a million and three times.

Hm, what's helped me learn vocab, hiragana, and katakana? Well.. for vocab I found very helpful this thing I learned in eighth grade spanish class. (si, en mi primera clase de espanol). I fold a sheet of paper in half, and on one the margin of one side I write all the words in Nihongo, and on the other side against the crease I write all the words in eego. So then, when you're studying, you can fold one half in ANOTHER half, and cover the words. And call them out to yourself! Haha, hope that makes sense, but I found it's easier for vocab than flashcards, because flashcards build up, but pieces of paper can be easily kept in a notebook or something.

Katakana I'm still a little bit lost on, but going to office hours helped me out A LOT, i woulda died on the test if i didnt see satoo sensee at 12. But I don't really have any tips on learning those...

So, new chapter? Chapter 2 I thought was already significantly harder than Chapter 1, so I'm kinda nervous. I have a goal though... I'm going to get good participation points, so if I seem super obnoxious in class, it's because i'm working super hard to get them :) haha. Jaa mata.

... Oh PS, I'm in Bryan Hall on a Mac, so I have no idea how to do hiragana on this. haha.

2 件のコメント:

Sato さんのコメント...

Glad that the discussion helped!

Just remmember; I am here to help you learn Japanese. Don't hesitate to use me!

From the new chapter, you will be able to talk about yourself and your life instead of always using ~です/じゃありません. I am excited about the new chapter since finally we can talk about ourselves!!

Sato さんのコメント...

PS. Can you put a link to the class site on the right hand side of your site? You can do it easily; go to "template."