2008年4月16日水曜日

Speeches and Peer Review

I accidentally never wrote what I felt about speeches and peer review! So here it goes...

Ahh. Speech time is over. I actually like the speeches much better than skits. I think it gives us a chance to really practice our Japanese in front of everyone, on something we really worked hard on. I mean, I guess skits we "work hard on," but a lot of times, because we have one every chapter - I feel like we just rush through them and settle for the minimum. Not for speeches though.

Also, the peer reviews are really helpful to see other people's writing styles. It may even be nice to have some sort of peer review before sakubuns are due, so we can write them, read other people's writings in our class/have ours read, and have a chance to correct little mistakes before satoo sensei murders our papers in red. The only thing is that I wish we had just a little bit more time to talk with our partners about the peer reviews, because the time we had to talk was SUPER fast.

Hm, one more thing that came to mind. Memorization. So, it was a common misconception that Satoo Sensei woulda taken points off our speeches if we looked down at our paper. So - we all memorized it. But this isn't how a speech should be! Honestly, when was the last time you saw a speech being given without the person referring to their notes at least once. Yes, we could easily have memorized it/we did easily memorize it - but were we comfortable? ... Heck no. We were super nervous. I feel like next semester, it should really be stressed that we ARE allowed to look at a paper (not really read from it - but look at the notes) without getting points off.

And, that's all. My speech file will be up here eventually, but I haven't gotten the chance to upload shimasu. My internet is really slow at home...

=) Jaa mata, ashita.

PS. Oral interviews soon?! Yikes! ganbatte ne!

0 件のコメント: