2008年1月30日水曜日

Culture Presentation?

So I just spent about 40 minutes looking up what I should do for my culture presentation - because I wanted to do something on Japanese Horror films, and then Satoo sensee reminded me it has to do something with the chapter.

Barbecue. Or excuse me. バーベキュ。

バーベキュですか。日本からきましたか。。。。いいえ。
なにをリサーチをしあすか。

did you know that "hibachi," as in the hibachi restaurants we go to for japanese food and get all excited about because they cook food in front of us and do all sorts of tricks... is NOT what it actually is. a "hibachi" is a heating device in Japan, not even used for cooking. WEIRD.

and i thought i was being all authentic and japanese-cool when i went to kobe/sakura.

but i dont want to do a whole presentation on a heating device, i thought i would just share that piece of info.

so then i started looking up things ppl do at night. because we already have something that ppl do during the day. and... that led me to japanese ghosts. something that really interested me and that would have tied into 'j-horror films' is the 'yuurei.' like the ring girl? yeah she's one... if i can't present on that i'll write about it later.

and also japanese mythology, like the sun god, moon god, and storm. あめたらす、つきよみ、すさのうrespectively.
it's pretty cool to learn about all that stuff. I don't even know anything about shintoism. i feel like maybe we should learn a little more about culture in our class, just little tidbits. i feel like when I took spanish, we had to do a bunch of readings about Tenochtitlan, the girl with big eyebrows-- uhh, frida kahlo, the iglesias de espana, how spanish people are a lot of catolicos, etc.

or maybe i just need to take a japanese class that is not a language class. haha.

すぐ日本語のクラスにかんじクイーズをかきに行きます。

じゃあ、また。

2 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Ha ha, I didn't know that about hibachi; I also always assumed that it was the Japanese word for the traditional grill they cooked food on (like in restaurants).

クリスチーンさんのぶんかのプレゼンテーションをたのしみにしています。

匿名 さんのコメント...

I almost forgot to answer the questions you asked me in your comment!

私はbiologyのかがくが好きで、このセメスターに日本語とかんこく語とbiologyとanthropologyとびじゅつのれきし(art history)のクラスをとっています。

And sorry for misspelling your name in my last two comments!クリスチーンじゃないで、クリスティーン
ですね。